Sizing your photos for projected image section of monthly competition. You have finished editing and or manipulating your image. You have decided to enter a copy of it in “Projected image category of the monthly
league competition. Follow this steps to simply re-size the image:
- Make a folder on your desktop by right clicking your mouse on a clear area of your desktop. A drop down list appears, click on the word “NEW” on this list, another list now appears click on the word “FOLDER” on this list. An Icon labelled “NEW FOLDER” highlighted in blue appears. Type a name, such as “projected image” to rename this folder.
- Open your image in Photoshop or Elements
- In Elements go to___ Image____resize _______ Image Size
- Photoshop Full Version go to Image_________Image size
- The Image Size Dialogue Box appears.
- You must ensure both the resample image and constrain proportions boxes are ticked.
- In the pixel dimensions box note which is the largest side i.e. width or height and change this figure to 2048.
- Note that the file size as displayed at the top of the dialogue box reduces considerably to about 2mb (depends if and how you cropped the image earlier).
- Click the “ OK” button to accept the changes.
- Your image may suddenly appear physically smaller on screen if so just go to top of screen and click on VIEW__Actual pixels and you will see all is well!
- The image has now been sized but it needs to be “saved as” a jpeg and named as your competition entry.
- Go to FILE (at top left of screen) click and then click on” save as”.
- The “save as” dialogue box appears. At the top you will see a drop down arrow click on this then click on “Desktop” on the list that appears. In the “window “you will see all the folders on your desktop navigate to and double click on the folder you made and named earlier” projected image “ that folder name should now appear at the top of the dialogue box.
- Now click in the box where it says “FILE NAME” and type the new name for your PHOTO which will be your 3 digit competition number e.g. My Number is 14 so I make it 3 digits by placing a 0 in front 014. I’m in Advanced so I type in A014 then holding down the shift key press the MINUS KEY this gives an “underscore” _
- A014_ then type 1 as it is first competition entry followed by the name of the image. E.g. A014_1_Best Image Ever. The second image if you have one will be A014_2_Better than the last image
- Below the file name box is the format box, click the drop down list and select jpeg finally click save and pull the slider to 8 or 10 quality and click OK.
- The photo is now renamed and resized and the original is safe!